I entered a photo marathon last weekend. The event kicked off at ten o'clock in the morning, with the drawing of the six themes for the shoot. We had until four o'clock that afternoon to submit our works, which had to be taken inside our city
Here are the photos I submitted, with the themes listed.
1. SMILE. There's something about a cup of coffee at the local café that makes me smile. Or, maybe it's the fact that the barista knows my name and has my beverage ready before I even place the order.
2. GLEE. I had the most difficult time with this one because the only thing I could think of was cheerleaders and my high school Glee Club. Our little town doesn't crawl with cheerleaders...
3. THREE. The number is correct. And if pétanque wasn't the newest fad that defines our little town, then I don't know what does.
4. THAT'S HOW WE DO IT. Indeed it is! The goal in a game of pétanque is, while standing inside a starting circle with both feet on the ground, to throw hollow metal balls as close as possible to a small wooden ball.
5. NOW I GET IT. "Dozer", the blue American Staffordshire Terrier, is eight months old. Better known as the "pit bull", this breed has unfortunately been exploited as a fighting dog, and has a very negative stereotype associated with maulings. So when I saw how easily, coolly, and sweetly this little boy submitted to the older shepherd mix and Australian Shepherd, my heart melted. He knows his place in this pecking order.
6. ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES. This little town I live in is mostly a retired community. Their parents and their parents' parents made it their home. They are quite a conservative group, which makes "progress" a tad bit rough. Young folks with piercings or tattoos get "the stare". Young folks with torn jeans and cut off shirts are uncommon here. And pretty, young ladies, even the ones who attend church every sabbath, will make old hens cluck when she leaves Mu Shoes (our hippest shoe store) on Main Street with these on her feet.
I'm anxious to see the results of the photo marathon.
A thought just came to me... a regret... I should have taken photos of the local high school facility. Darn!
.






Hey Jan, your photos fit the theme and they're very good! Hope to hear the results as well. And hope your pictures win too!!!
ReplyDelete